1,800 agencies – Providing guidance and access to Census data.
The mission of the State Data Center (SDC) partnership is to provide efficient access to Census Bureau data and products. Members of the SDC network provide training and technical assistance to data users as well as a mechanism for feedback to the Bureau on data needs and operational issues.
State Data Centers work in partnership with the Census Bureau’s headquarters and Regional Offices. A Memorandum of Agreement between the Bureau and the states, District of Columbia, and U.S. territories supports this partnership.
Since 1978 , SDC member agencies have provided access and education on Census Bureau products as well as other statistical resources to millions of data users. With 1,800 agencies nationwide, each state has affiliates that serve constituents in need of economic and demographic data. This significant support is provided by the network’s dedicated local professionals in their roles as economic developers, librarians, demographers, fiscal analysts, etc.
This website serves our SDC members by providing resources, information, and links that aid our partnership. This website is supported by sponsorship funds and managed by volunteers from SDC member agencies. This website receives no federal funding.
- To contact SDC members in your state, consult the directory of lead and coordinating agencies (by state)
- Questions about the Census Bureau’s SDC program can be directed to Customer Liaison and Marketing Services Office (CLMSO) staff
- Questions about the SDC network as a whole can be directed to SDC network Steering Committee members
- To request access to the SDC listserv, follow this link to the request form
- To contact our webteam, regarding this website, use the form below
Contact our webteam.
What’s new on the SDC Clearinghouse website? You tell us!
Please take a couple minutes to share a new product or resource from your State Data Center. (Lead, coord, and affiliate members are all welcome.) Your new product can be an interactive data query tool, a data dashboard, a collection of area profiles, a presentation, or a traditional report. We’re looking for great examples of these — examples that are published to the web, and that provide an example or model for peer states.
Tell us about it through this google form… https://goo.gl/forms/fLc3pxkFNWO7t9zQ2
When you submit the name and URL link of your product, we’ll format it as a new item blurb in the wordpress database at SDCClearinghouse.com.
We do verify URL links, so expect a short delay (1-2 days) in making your item and link visible.
This quick, easy form enables the sharing of new work across the states. And you can see the collection we’re building here:
- Area profiles and dashboards that are new in 2017… https://sdcclearinghouse.com/tag/area-profiles-and-dashboards/
- Census user how-to and documentation… https://sdcclearinghouse.com/tag/census-user-how-to-and-documentation/
- Data mapping tools… https://sdcclearinghouse.com/tag/data-mapping-tools/
- Data query tools… https://sdcclearinghouse.com/tag/data-query-tools/
- Downloadable datasets… https://sdcclearinghouse.com/tag/downloadable-datasets/
- Presentations and webinars… https://sdcclearinghouse.com/tag/presentations-and-webinars/
- Reports featuring census data or analysis… https://sdcclearinghouse.com/tag/reports/
- Some products and resources fit more than one category.
So fill out the form today!
We will share your good works.
Subject: ACS Data User Stories
The American Community Survey Office at the U.S. Census Bureau is interested in learning more about how businesses, nonprofit organizations, governments (fed/state/local), economic development offices, etc… use the American Community Survey (ACS), so that we can speak about how valuable the survey is. If you have specific examples you would be willing to share with them on the ways that you or those in your networks uses ACS data, please send to Janice.Ann.Valdisera@census.gov or Justin.T.Keller@census.gov
Lakiva M Pullins
Chief, Data Users Branch
Customer Liaison & Marketing Services Office
U.S. Census Bureau