The events listed below are maintained in a Google Calendar. These events are expected to have participation by Census Bureau staff.
If you have a Census SDC sponsored event or a 2020 Census partnership event to add, contact our webteam, and ask for access to the google calendar.
|Wintergreen Resort||July 23, 2018||Virginia Planners Association Conference||https://www.apavirginia.com/annual-conference|
|Dover DE||July 23, 2018 at 10:00 am – 12:00 pm||Census Data Workshop for Teachers for DELAWARE OFFICE OF STATE PLANNINGnCOORDINATION||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
|Wintergreen Resort||July 24, 2018||Virginia Planners Association Conference||https://www.apavirginia.com/annual-conference|
|Wintergreen Resort||July 25, 2018||Virginia Planners Association Conference||https://www.apavirginia.com/annual-conference|
|Monroe MI||July 25, 2018 at 9:30 am – 11:30 am||Aging Population for Monroe County - Commission on Aging||Census staff provide Networking|
|PA||July 25, 2018 at 10:00 am – 12:00 pm||Getting Your Community Ready fornthe 2020 Census for Pennsylvania State Data Center||Census staff provide Meeting|
|Henderson NV||July 25, 2018 at 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm||Your Neighborhoods by the NumbersnWebinar for City of Henderson Redevelopment Agency||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
|Red Lion Hotel on the River||July 26, 2018||Rural Sociological Society|
|McGehee AR||July 26, 2018 at 9:30 am – 11:30 am||Business and Community need forninvolvement for McGehee Chamber of Commerce||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
|Portland OR||July 26, 2018 at 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm||2018 Annual Meeting for Rural Sociological Society||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
|Red Lion Hotel on the River||July 27, 2018||Rural Sociological Society|
|Red Lion Hotel on the River||July 28, 2018||Rural Sociological Society|
|Red Lion Hotel on the River||July 29, 2018||Rural Sociological Society|
|Los Angeles Convention Center||July 30, 2018||Natl Conference of State Legislatures Legislative Summit|
|Little Rock AR||July 30, 2018 at 8:30 am – 10:30 am||43rd Annual Summer Conference for Arkansas Association of Educational Administrators||Census staff provide Exhibit|
2018 State Data Center Annual Conference
April 9-11, 2018
AGENDA MONDAY, APRIL 9, 2018
Note: The 15 presentations linked below will download as PowerPoint files.
8:30 AM – 9:00 AM Conference Registration
9:00 AM – 9:30 AM Welcome and Introductions
• Lakiva Pullins, Branch Chief, Data Users Branch
• Todd Graham, SDC Chairperson
• Introduction of New Committee Member(s) and Officers
• Misty Reed, Acting Division Chief, Customer Liaison and Marketing Services Office
• Stephen Buckner, Assistant Director for Communications Division
9:30 AM – 10:00 AM 2020 Census Integrated Communications Plan
• Kaile Bower, Chief, Integrated Partnership & Communication Branch
10:00 AM – 10:15 AM BREAK
10:15 AM – 10:45 AM Findings from 2016-2017 Census Tests
• Jennifer W. Reichert, Assistant Division Chief, Nonresponse, Evaluations, and Experiments, Decennial Census Management
10:45 AM – 11:15 AM 2020 LUCA Updates, Group Quarters Inventory, and PSAP
• Jennifer Holland, Chief, Partnership Communications and Outreach Branch, Geography Division
11:15 AM – 11:45 PM 2020 Residence Criteria
• Jason Devine, Assistant Division Chief, Census Programs Area, Population Division
• Steven Wilson, Chief, Population and Housing Program Branch, Population Division
11:45 AM – 1:00 PM LUNCH
1:00 PM – 3:00 PM Census Solutions Workshop Toolkit
• Lorena Molina-Irizarry, Deputy Branch Chief, Enterprise Partnership
3:00 PM – 3:15 PM BREAK
3:15 PM – 4:30 PM 2020 Discussion – What are the SDCs doing?
• Dan Veroff, WI, SDC Steering Committee
• Jennifer Shultz, PA, SDC Steering Committee
• SDC Leads Panel – Walter Schwarm (CA), Jan Vink (NY), Suzan Reagan (NM), Bob Coats (NC)
4:30 PM Meeting Adjourn
AGENDA TUESDAY, APRIL 10, 2018
8:15 AM – 8:45 AM Census Information Centers Overview
• Melanie Poulter, CIC Steering Committee Chairperson
8:45 AM – 9:45 AM 2017 Economic Census Update
• Kim Moore, Chief, Economy Wide Statistics Division
• Charles Brady, Branch Chief, Respondent Management and Promotion Branch, Economic Management Division
9:45 AM – 10:00 AM BREAK
10:00 AM – 11:15 AM Field Partnership and 2020 Complete Count Committees
• Sydnee Chattin, Assistant Division Chief, Decennial Support Programs, Field Division
• SDC Leads Panel – Liz Brooks (AK), Mallory Bateman (UT), Erica Gardner (WA)
11:15 AM – 12:00 AM 2020 Census Redistricting Program
• James Whitehorne, Branch Chief, Redistricting Office and Voting Rights Office
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM LUNCH
1:00 PM – 2:45 PM Center for New Media & Promotion (CNMP) and Center for Enterprise Dissemination and Services and Consumer Innovation (CEDSCI)
• Alexandra Figueroa, Chief, Web and New Media Branch, Center for New Media & Promotion
• KaNin Reese, Branch Chief, CEDSCI, Dissemination Outreach Branch
2:45 PM – 3:00 PM BREAK
3:00 PM – 3:45 PM Update and Overview of Administrative Records for ACS and Administrative Records for 2020 Census
• Thomas Mule, Special Assistant to the Chief, Decennial Statistical Studies Division
• Victoria Velkoff, Division Chief, American Community Survey Office
3:45 PM – 5:00 PM SDC Business Meeting
5:00 PM Meeting Adjourn
AGENDA WEDNESDAY, APRIL 11, 2018
8:00 AM – 9:30 AM Breakout by Region
Questions for SDC/DDB roundtable discussion
- What is the DDS staff approach in regard to disseminating Census Bureau data and program information to his/her assigned area?
- Name one or two specific areas or tasks where we can collaborate.
- What are you planning to do to support the 2020 data collection operation?
- In terms of the relationship between the SDCs and DDS/DDB, what is working well? What needs to be changed?
- We would like to ‘crowdsource’ suggestions for strategic national partnerships. Who should we prioritize from your perspective and what would be the ‘top three’ partners you would suggest working with and why?
9:30 AM – 11:30 AM SDC 40th Anniversary
• Topics for Next Annual Meeting
• Brief History of SDC Program
• Presentation of Awards – Todd Graham
11:30 AM Meeting Adjourn
Dear SDC Network Member:
You are invited to attend the State Data Center (SDC) Annual Conference. The conference will be held April 9-11, 2018, at the Hilton Providence, 21 Atwells Avenue, Providence, Rhode Island. The meeting is scheduled to begin on Monday, April 9, at 8:00 a.m. and end on Tuesday, April 11, at 12:00 p.m.
Details can be found here:
While in Providence…
The Hilton Providence is a short walk from restaurants and gathering spots, both downtown and Federal Hill.
- Vin Flood (Rhode Island SDC) recommends the restaurant guide found at GoProvidence.com
- Also, here are Yelp’s picks.
See you in Providence!
Here is the group photo that was taken at the 2011 Annual Training Conference at the Census Bureau.
Here is the group photo that was taken at the 2010 Annual Training Conference at the Census Bureau.
The Annual National State Data Center/Business and Industry Data Center Conference will be held at the U.S. Census Bureau Auditorium and Conference Center. Attendees will stay at the Churchill Hotel. The meeting is scheduled to begin on Wednesday, October 13, at 8:45 a.m. and end on Friday, October 15, at 12:30 p.m.
Due to the extremely low number of states expected to attend the SDC Mid-Year Meeting in Detroit, April 27 – 29, 2009, CLMSO is CANCELLING the meeting. CLMSO made this decision after the SDC Steering Committee members queried their respective tree states on their attendance plans.
In lieu of this meeting, CLMSO is working with your Steering Committee in developing potential topics of interest where we can conduct a webinar(s) to provide updates.