The events listed below are maintained in a Google Calendar. These events are expected to have participation by Census Bureau staff.
If you have a Census SDC sponsored event or a 2020 Census partnership event to add, contact our webteam, and ask for access to the google calendar.
|New York NY||September 26, 2018 at 10:00 am – 12:00 pm||HOW TO DO BUSINESS WITH THE NYC DEPT OF EDUCATION for NYC Dept of Education||Census staff provide Presentation|
|Tucson AZ||September 26, 2018 at 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm||Webinar: Veterans by the Numbers for Congressman Raul M. Grijalva - Tucson Branch (AZ-03)||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
|Brooklyn NY||September 26, 2018 at 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm||SMALL BUSINESS ALLIANCE OF NORTH BROOKLYN SEPTEMBER MEETING for NYC Small Business Alliance of North Brooklyn||Census staff provide Presentation|
|Eugene OR||September 27, 2018 at 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm||League of Oregon Cities Annual Conference for League of Oregon Cities||Census staff provide Presentation|
|Philadelphia PA||September 27, 2018 at 6:15 pm – 8:15 pm||Census Business Data Workshop for Women's Business Development Center||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
|St. Louis MO||September 28, 2018 at 9:00 am – 11:00 am||Business Summit Conference for Senator Claire McCaskill||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
|Dearborn MI||October 2, 2018 at 10:00 am – 12:00 pm||LRS-Campus Civic Engagement for Univ of Michigan Fairlane/Dearborn Center||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
|Muskegon Harbor MI||October 3, 2018 at 8:00 am – 10:00 am||2018 Annual Community Development Conference for Michigan Community Development Assoc||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
|JUNEAU AK||October 5, 2018 at 8:00 am – 10:00 am||Alaska SDC Annual Conference for ALASKA DEPT OF LABOR AND WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT||Census staff provide Presentation|
|Topeka KS||October 5, 2018 at 9:00 am – 11:00 am||Kansas Annual Municipal League Conference for Kansas Municipal League||Census staff at Conference|
|Chicago IL||October 5, 2018 at 10:00 am – 12:00 pm||Business Data for Chamber Members for Lakeview Chamber of Commerce||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
|Marysville OH||October 9, 2018 at 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm||Presentation for Library Staff for Marysville Public Library||Census staff provide Presentation|
|San Diego CA||October 10, 2018 at 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm||Census Data at Tract Level for The City of San Diego - Promize Zone||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
|San Diego CA||October 10, 2018 at 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm||Census Data for Grant Writers for Jewish Family Services of San Diego||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
|Camden NJ||October 10, 2018 at 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm||Census Business Builder Workshop for Latin American Economic Development Assoc||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
2018 State Data Center Annual Conference
April 9-11, 2018
AGENDA MONDAY, APRIL 9, 2018
Note: The 15 presentations linked below will download as PowerPoint files.
8:30 AM – 9:00 AM Conference Registration
9:00 AM – 9:30 AM Welcome and Introductions
• Lakiva Pullins, Branch Chief, Data Users Branch
• Todd Graham, SDC Chairperson
• Introduction of New Committee Member(s) and Officers
• Misty Reed, Acting Division Chief, Customer Liaison and Marketing Services Office
• Stephen Buckner, Assistant Director for Communications Division
9:30 AM – 10:00 AM 2020 Census Integrated Communications Plan
• Kaile Bower, Chief, Integrated Partnership & Communication Branch
10:00 AM – 10:15 AM BREAK
10:15 AM – 10:45 AM Findings from 2016-2017 Census Tests
• Jennifer W. Reichert, Assistant Division Chief, Nonresponse, Evaluations, and Experiments, Decennial Census Management
10:45 AM – 11:15 AM 2020 LUCA Updates, Group Quarters Inventory, and PSAP
• Jennifer Holland, Chief, Partnership Communications and Outreach Branch, Geography Division
11:15 AM – 11:45 PM 2020 Residence Criteria
• Jason Devine, Assistant Division Chief, Census Programs Area, Population Division
• Steven Wilson, Chief, Population and Housing Program Branch, Population Division
11:45 AM – 1:00 PM LUNCH
1:00 PM – 3:00 PM Census Solutions Workshop Toolkit
• Lorena Molina-Irizarry, Deputy Branch Chief, Enterprise Partnership
3:00 PM – 3:15 PM BREAK
3:15 PM – 4:30 PM 2020 Discussion – What are the SDCs doing?
• Dan Veroff, WI, SDC Steering Committee
• Jennifer Shultz, PA, SDC Steering Committee
• SDC Leads Panel – Walter Schwarm (CA), Jan Vink (NY), Suzan Reagan (NM), Bob Coats (NC)
4:30 PM Meeting Adjourn
AGENDA TUESDAY, APRIL 10, 2018
8:15 AM – 8:45 AM Census Information Centers Overview
• Melanie Poulter, CIC Steering Committee Chairperson
8:45 AM – 9:45 AM 2017 Economic Census Update
• Kim Moore, Chief, Economy Wide Statistics Division
• Charles Brady, Branch Chief, Respondent Management and Promotion Branch, Economic Management Division
9:45 AM – 10:00 AM BREAK
10:00 AM – 11:15 AM Field Partnership and 2020 Complete Count Committees
• Sydnee Chattin, Assistant Division Chief, Decennial Support Programs, Field Division
• SDC Leads Panel – Liz Brooks (AK), Mallory Bateman (UT), Erica Gardner (WA)
11:15 AM – 12:00 AM 2020 Census Redistricting Program
• James Whitehorne, Branch Chief, Redistricting Office and Voting Rights Office
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM LUNCH
1:00 PM – 2:45 PM Center for New Media & Promotion (CNMP) and Center for Enterprise Dissemination and Services and Consumer Innovation (CEDSCI)
• Alexandra Figueroa, Chief, Web and New Media Branch, Center for New Media & Promotion
• KaNin Reese, Branch Chief, CEDSCI, Dissemination Outreach Branch
2:45 PM – 3:00 PM BREAK
3:00 PM – 3:45 PM Update and Overview of Administrative Records for ACS and Administrative Records for 2020 Census
• Thomas Mule, Special Assistant to the Chief, Decennial Statistical Studies Division
• Victoria Velkoff, Division Chief, American Community Survey Office
3:45 PM – 5:00 PM SDC Business Meeting
5:00 PM Meeting Adjourn
AGENDA WEDNESDAY, APRIL 11, 2018
8:00 AM – 9:30 AM Breakout by Region
Questions for SDC/DDB roundtable discussion
- What is the DDS staff approach in regard to disseminating Census Bureau data and program information to his/her assigned area?
- Name one or two specific areas or tasks where we can collaborate.
- What are you planning to do to support the 2020 data collection operation?
- In terms of the relationship between the SDCs and DDS/DDB, what is working well? What needs to be changed?
- We would like to ‘crowdsource’ suggestions for strategic national partnerships. Who should we prioritize from your perspective and what would be the ‘top three’ partners you would suggest working with and why?
9:30 AM – 11:30 AM SDC 40th Anniversary
• Topics for Next Annual Meeting
• Brief History of SDC Program
• Presentation of Awards – Todd Graham
11:30 AM Meeting Adjourn
Dear SDC Network Member:
You are invited to attend the State Data Center (SDC) Annual Conference. The conference will be held April 9-11, 2018, at the Hilton Providence, 21 Atwells Avenue, Providence, Rhode Island. The meeting is scheduled to begin on Monday, April 9, at 8:00 a.m. and end on Tuesday, April 11, at 12:00 p.m.
Details can be found here:
While in Providence…
The Hilton Providence is a short walk from restaurants and gathering spots, both downtown and Federal Hill.
- Vin Flood (Rhode Island SDC) recommends the restaurant guide found at GoProvidence.com
- Also, here are Yelp’s picks.
See you in Providence!
Here is the group photo that was taken at the 2011 Annual Training Conference at the Census Bureau.
Here is the group photo that was taken at the 2010 Annual Training Conference at the Census Bureau.
The Annual National State Data Center/Business and Industry Data Center Conference will be held at the U.S. Census Bureau Auditorium and Conference Center. Attendees will stay at the Churchill Hotel. The meeting is scheduled to begin on Wednesday, October 13, at 8:45 a.m. and end on Friday, October 15, at 12:30 p.m.
Due to the extremely low number of states expected to attend the SDC Mid-Year Meeting in Detroit, April 27 – 29, 2009, CLMSO is CANCELLING the meeting. CLMSO made this decision after the SDC Steering Committee members queried their respective tree states on their attendance plans.
In lieu of this meeting, CLMSO is working with your Steering Committee in developing potential topics of interest where we can conduct a webinar(s) to provide updates.