The events listed below are maintained in a Google Calendar. These events are expected to have participation by Census Bureau staff.
If you have a Census SDC sponsored event or a 2020 Census partnership event to add, contact our webteam, and ask for access to the google calendar.
|Jackson Heights NY||March 22, 2019 at 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm||How to Start a Business and How SBA Can Help for SBA New York District Office||Census staff provide Seminar|
|Las Vegas NV||March 25, 2019 at 11:00 am – 1:00 pm||2019 Reservation Economic Summit (RES) for National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development||Census staff provide Exhibit|
|DETROIT MI||March 25, 2019 at 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm||LRS-8th Precinct Community Relations for DETROIT POLICE DEPARTMENT||Census staff provide Presentation|
|Indianapolis IN||March 28, 2019 at 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm||Applied Data for Campus Community for University of Indianapolis||Census staff provide Presentation|
|Butte MT||April 1, 2019 at 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm||Big Sky GeoCon: Census Geography and GIS for Montana Association of Geographic Information Professionals||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
|Butte MT||April 2, 2019 at 11:00 am – 1:00 pm||Big Sky GeoCon: Census Data for GIS Users for Montana Association of Geographic Information Professionals||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
|Athens OH||April 2, 2019 at 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm||American FactFinder Workshop for Ohio University - Athens Main Campus||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
|Butte MT||April 3, 2019 at 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm||Big Sky GeoCon: Business Builder Regional Analyst Edition for Montana Association of Geographic Information Professionals||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
|Sacramento CA||April 3, 2019 at 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm||Accessing Socioeconomic and Demographics Data for Women's Business Center||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
|Butte MT||April 3, 2019 at 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm||Big Sky GeoCon: Business Builder Small Business Edition for Montana Association of Geographic Information Professionals||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
|Tappahannock VA||April 4, 2019 at 10:00 am – 12:00 pm||Census Business Builder Workshop for Tappahannock - Essex Chamber of Commerce||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
|Butte MT||April 4, 2019 at 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm||Big Sky GeoCon: On The Map for Montana Association of Geographic Information Professionals||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
|San Rafael CA||April 4, 2019 at 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm||Accessing Census Data for Marin County CA for Canal Alliance||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
|Bel Air MD||April 5, 2019 at 9:00 am – 11:00 am||Census Data: Census and ACS for Harford Community College||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
|Belmont CA||April 5, 2019 at 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm||Socioeconomic and Demographics Tract Level Data for San Mateo County Department of Housing||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
2018 State Data Center Annual Conference
April 9-11, 2018
AGENDA MONDAY, APRIL 9, 2018
Note: The 15 presentations linked below will download as PowerPoint files.
8:30 AM – 9:00 AM Conference Registration
9:00 AM – 9:30 AM Welcome and Introductions
• Lakiva Pullins, Branch Chief, Data Users Branch
• Todd Graham, SDC Chairperson
• Introduction of New Committee Member(s) and Officers
• Misty Reed, Acting Division Chief, Customer Liaison and Marketing Services Office
• Stephen Buckner, Assistant Director for Communications Division
9:30 AM – 10:00 AM 2020 Census Integrated Communications Plan
• Kaile Bower, Chief, Integrated Partnership & Communication Branch
10:00 AM – 10:15 AM BREAK
10:15 AM – 10:45 AM Findings from 2016-2017 Census Tests
• Jennifer W. Reichert, Assistant Division Chief, Nonresponse, Evaluations, and Experiments, Decennial Census Management
10:45 AM – 11:15 AM 2020 LUCA Updates, Group Quarters Inventory, and PSAP
• Jennifer Holland, Chief, Partnership Communications and Outreach Branch, Geography Division
11:15 AM – 11:45 PM 2020 Residence Criteria
• Jason Devine, Assistant Division Chief, Census Programs Area, Population Division
• Steven Wilson, Chief, Population and Housing Program Branch, Population Division
11:45 AM – 1:00 PM LUNCH
1:00 PM – 3:00 PM Census Solutions Workshop Toolkit
• Lorena Molina-Irizarry, Deputy Branch Chief, Enterprise Partnership
3:00 PM – 3:15 PM BREAK
3:15 PM – 4:30 PM 2020 Discussion – What are the SDCs doing?
• Dan Veroff, WI, SDC Steering Committee
• Jennifer Shultz, PA, SDC Steering Committee
• SDC Leads Panel – Walter Schwarm (CA), Jan Vink (NY), Suzan Reagan (NM), Bob Coats (NC)
4:30 PM Meeting Adjourn
AGENDA TUESDAY, APRIL 10, 2018
8:15 AM – 8:45 AM Census Information Centers Overview
• Melanie Poulter, CIC Steering Committee Chairperson
8:45 AM – 9:45 AM 2017 Economic Census Update
• Kim Moore, Chief, Economy Wide Statistics Division
• Charles Brady, Branch Chief, Respondent Management and Promotion Branch, Economic Management Division
9:45 AM – 10:00 AM BREAK
10:00 AM – 11:15 AM Field Partnership and 2020 Complete Count Committees
• Sydnee Chattin, Assistant Division Chief, Decennial Support Programs, Field Division
• SDC Leads Panel – Liz Brooks (AK), Mallory Bateman (UT), Erica Gardner (WA)
11:15 AM – 12:00 AM 2020 Census Redistricting Program
• James Whitehorne, Branch Chief, Redistricting Office and Voting Rights Office
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM LUNCH
1:00 PM – 2:45 PM Center for New Media & Promotion (CNMP) and Center for Enterprise Dissemination and Services and Consumer Innovation (CEDSCI)
• Alexandra Figueroa, Chief, Web and New Media Branch, Center for New Media & Promotion
• KaNin Reese, Branch Chief, CEDSCI, Dissemination Outreach Branch
2:45 PM – 3:00 PM BREAK
3:00 PM – 3:45 PM Update and Overview of Administrative Records for ACS and Administrative Records for 2020 Census
• Thomas Mule, Special Assistant to the Chief, Decennial Statistical Studies Division
• Victoria Velkoff, Division Chief, American Community Survey Office
3:45 PM – 5:00 PM SDC Business Meeting
5:00 PM Meeting Adjourn
AGENDA WEDNESDAY, APRIL 11, 2018
8:00 AM – 9:30 AM Breakout by Region
Questions for SDC/DDB roundtable discussion
- What is the DDS staff approach in regard to disseminating Census Bureau data and program information to his/her assigned area?
- Name one or two specific areas or tasks where we can collaborate.
- What are you planning to do to support the 2020 data collection operation?
- In terms of the relationship between the SDCs and DDS/DDB, what is working well? What needs to be changed?
- We would like to ‘crowdsource’ suggestions for strategic national partnerships. Who should we prioritize from your perspective and what would be the ‘top three’ partners you would suggest working with and why?
9:30 AM – 11:30 AM SDC 40th Anniversary
• Topics for Next Annual Meeting
• Brief History of SDC Program
• Presentation of Awards – Todd Graham
11:30 AM Meeting Adjourn
Dear SDC Network Member:
You are invited to attend the State Data Center (SDC) Annual Conference. The conference will be held April 9-11, 2018, at the Hilton Providence, 21 Atwells Avenue, Providence, Rhode Island. The meeting is scheduled to begin on Monday, April 9, at 8:00 a.m. and end on Tuesday, April 11, at 12:00 p.m.
Details can be found here:
While in Providence…
The Hilton Providence is a short walk from restaurants and gathering spots, both downtown and Federal Hill.
- Vin Flood (Rhode Island SDC) recommends the restaurant guide found at GoProvidence.com
- Also, here are Yelp’s picks.
See you in Providence!
Here is the group photo that was taken at the 2011 Annual Training Conference at the Census Bureau.
Here is the group photo that was taken at the 2010 Annual Training Conference at the Census Bureau.
The Annual National State Data Center/Business and Industry Data Center Conference will be held at the U.S. Census Bureau Auditorium and Conference Center. Attendees will stay at the Churchill Hotel. The meeting is scheduled to begin on Wednesday, October 13, at 8:45 a.m. and end on Friday, October 15, at 12:30 p.m.
Due to the extremely low number of states expected to attend the SDC Mid-Year Meeting in Detroit, April 27 – 29, 2009, CLMSO is CANCELLING the meeting. CLMSO made this decision after the SDC Steering Committee members queried their respective tree states on their attendance plans.
In lieu of this meeting, CLMSO is working with your Steering Committee in developing potential topics of interest where we can conduct a webinar(s) to provide updates.