Dear Network Member:
You are cordially invited to attend the 2019 Joint State Data Center (SDC) and Census Information Center (CIC) Annual Conference. The conference will be held June 12-14, 2019, at the Embassy Suites–Charlotte Uptown, Charlotte, NC. The meeting is scheduled to begin on Wednesday, June 12, at 8:00 a.m. and end on Friday, June 14, at 12:00 p.m.
SDC State Leads and CIC members:
- By May 17, visit the Eventbrite registration link. Register there, providing your contact information.
- Census CLMSO will book your hotel room for you, using the contact information you provided on Eventbrite.
- By May 24, call CWTSato, the Bureau’s travel agent, to arrange air travel.
- If an SDC State Lead or CIC member would like to send an alternate who works on Census data user activities, please contact Toni Hall at Antoinette (dot) Hall (at) census (dot) gov to arrange.
- If your state or CIC would like send more than one person, please contact Toni Hall to request this. Toni will need to ensure there is enough space. The additional attendee(s) would need to self-pay all travel and hotel expenses. .
About the meeting:
- Agenda forthcoming.
- Recap of last year’s SDC Annual Conference, April 2018
While in Charlotte… Embassy Suites–Charlotte Uptown is a short walk from restaurants and gathering spots. Here are Yelp’s picks.
The events listed below are maintained in a Google Calendar. These events are expected to have participation by Census Bureau staff.
If you have a Census SDC sponsored event or a 2020 Census partnership event to add, contact our webteam, and ask for access to the google calendar.
|Albany NY||May 23, 2019 at 9:00 am – 11:00 am||NY SDC Annual Conference/Meeting for NEW YORK STATE DATA CENTER AFFILIATES||Census staff provide Meeting|
|Webinar||May 23, 2019 at 10:00 am – 12:00 pm||Texas Demographic Center: PSAP for Texas Demographic Center||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
|Charleston SC||May 29, 2019 at 11:00 am – 1:00 pm||District Level Data Briefing for SC - U.S. Representative - District 01||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
|Maumee OH||May 29, 2019 at 11:45 am – 1:45 pm||Census and ACS Presentation for Rotary Club of Maumee Ohio||Census staff provide Presentation|
|Suffolk VA||May 29, 2019 at 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm||AFF Data Workshop for Suffolk Public Library - Suffolk Branch||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
|Bellevue WA||May 29, 2019 at 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm||Symposium on Data Science & Statistics for American Statistical Association||Census staff provide Exhibit|
|Bellevue WA||May 30, 2019 at 10:30 am – 12:30 pm||Symposium on Data Science & Statistics for American Statistical Association||Census staff provide Exhibit|
|Redford MI||May 30, 2019 at 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm||Data Training - LRS for Michigan Voice||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
|King George VA||May 30, 2019 at 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm||CBB Hands On Workshop for King George Chamber of Commerce||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
|Bellevue WA||May 31, 2019 at 10:30 am – 12:30 pm||Symposium on Data Science & Statistics for American Statistical Association||Census staff provide Exhibit|
|Southfield MI||June 3, 2019 at 11:00 am – 1:00 pm||14th District Veterans Committee for AARP Detroit Chapter||Census staff provide Exhibit|
|Clarion PA||June 3, 2019 at 11:30 am – 1:30 pm||Presentation to Rotary Club for Clarion Rotary Club||Census staff provide Presentation|
|Austin TX||June 5, 2019 at 9:00 am – 11:00 am||2019 Texas SDC Conference for Texas Demographic Center||Census staff provide Conference|
|Lancaster OH||June 5, 2019 at 10:00 am – 12:00 pm||Presentation - Census Data Tools and ACS for Fairfield County Regional Planning Commission||Census staff provide Presentation|
|NEW YORK NY||June 5, 2019 at 10:00 am – 12:00 pm||Small Business Expo 2019 - NEW YORK CITY for SMALL BUSINESS EXPO (NY)||Census staff provide Conference|
2018 State Data Center Annual Conference
April 9-11, 2018
AGENDA MONDAY, APRIL 9, 2018
Note: The 15 presentations linked below will download as PowerPoint files.
8:30 AM – 9:00 AM Conference Registration
9:00 AM – 9:30 AM Welcome and Introductions
• Lakiva Pullins, Branch Chief, Data Users Branch
• Todd Graham, SDC Chairperson
• Introduction of New Committee Member(s) and Officers
• Misty Reed, Acting Division Chief, Customer Liaison and Marketing Services Office
• Stephen Buckner, Assistant Director for Communications Division
9:30 AM – 10:00 AM 2020 Census Integrated Communications Plan
• Kaile Bower, Chief, Integrated Partnership & Communication Branch
10:00 AM – 10:15 AM BREAK
10:15 AM – 10:45 AM Findings from 2016-2017 Census Tests
• Jennifer W. Reichert, Assistant Division Chief, Nonresponse, Evaluations, and Experiments, Decennial Census Management
10:45 AM – 11:15 AM 2020 LUCA Updates, Group Quarters Inventory, and PSAP
• Jennifer Holland, Chief, Partnership Communications and Outreach Branch, Geography Division
11:15 AM – 11:45 PM 2020 Residence Criteria
• Jason Devine, Assistant Division Chief, Census Programs Area, Population Division
• Steven Wilson, Chief, Population and Housing Program Branch, Population Division
11:45 AM – 1:00 PM LUNCH
1:00 PM – 3:00 PM Census Solutions Workshop Toolkit
• Lorena Molina-Irizarry, Deputy Branch Chief, Enterprise Partnership
3:00 PM – 3:15 PM BREAK
3:15 PM – 4:30 PM 2020 Discussion – What are the SDCs doing?
• Dan Veroff, WI, SDC Steering Committee
• Jennifer Shultz, PA, SDC Steering Committee
• SDC Leads Panel – Walter Schwarm (CA), Jan Vink (NY), Suzan Reagan (NM), Bob Coats (NC)
4:30 PM Meeting Adjourn
AGENDA TUESDAY, APRIL 10, 2018
8:15 AM – 8:45 AM Census Information Centers Overview
• Melanie Poulter, CIC Steering Committee Chairperson
8:45 AM – 9:45 AM 2017 Economic Census Update
• Kim Moore, Chief, Economy Wide Statistics Division
• Charles Brady, Branch Chief, Respondent Management and Promotion Branch, Economic Management Division
9:45 AM – 10:00 AM BREAK
10:00 AM – 11:15 AM Field Partnership and 2020 Complete Count Committees
• Sydnee Chattin, Assistant Division Chief, Decennial Support Programs, Field Division
• SDC Leads Panel – Liz Brooks (AK), Mallory Bateman (UT), Erica Gardner (WA)
11:15 AM – 12:00 AM 2020 Census Redistricting Program
• James Whitehorne, Branch Chief, Redistricting Office and Voting Rights Office
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM LUNCH
1:00 PM – 2:45 PM Center for New Media & Promotion (CNMP) and Center for Enterprise Dissemination and Services and Consumer Innovation (CEDSCI)
• Alexandra Figueroa, Chief, Web and New Media Branch, Center for New Media & Promotion
• KaNin Reese, Branch Chief, CEDSCI, Dissemination Outreach Branch
2:45 PM – 3:00 PM BREAK
3:00 PM – 3:45 PM Update and Overview of Administrative Records for ACS and Administrative Records for 2020 Census
• Thomas Mule, Special Assistant to the Chief, Decennial Statistical Studies Division
• Victoria Velkoff, Division Chief, American Community Survey Office
3:45 PM – 5:00 PM SDC Business Meeting
5:00 PM Meeting Adjourn
AGENDA WEDNESDAY, APRIL 11, 2018
8:00 AM – 9:30 AM Breakout by Region
Questions for SDC/DDB roundtable discussion
- What is the DDS staff approach in regard to disseminating Census Bureau data and program information to his/her assigned area?
- Name one or two specific areas or tasks where we can collaborate.
- What are you planning to do to support the 2020 data collection operation?
- In terms of the relationship between the SDCs and DDS/DDB, what is working well? What needs to be changed?
- We would like to ‘crowdsource’ suggestions for strategic national partnerships. Who should we prioritize from your perspective and what would be the ‘top three’ partners you would suggest working with and why?
9:30 AM – 11:30 AM SDC 40th Anniversary
• Topics for Next Annual Meeting
• Brief History of SDC Program
• Presentation of Awards – Todd Graham
11:30 AM Meeting Adjourn
Dear SDC Network Member:
You are invited to attend the State Data Center (SDC) Annual Conference. The conference will be held April 9-11, 2018, at the Hilton Providence, 21 Atwells Avenue, Providence, Rhode Island. The meeting is scheduled to begin on Monday, April 9, at 8:00 a.m. and end on Tuesday, April 11, at 12:00 p.m.
Details can be found here:
While in Providence…
The Hilton Providence is a short walk from restaurants and gathering spots, both downtown and Federal Hill.
- Vin Flood (Rhode Island SDC) recommends the restaurant guide found at GoProvidence.com
- Also, here are Yelp’s picks.
See you in Providence!
Here is the group photo that was taken at the 2011 Annual Training Conference at the Census Bureau.
Here is the group photo that was taken at the 2010 Annual Training Conference at the Census Bureau.
The Annual National State Data Center/Business and Industry Data Center Conference will be held at the U.S. Census Bureau Auditorium and Conference Center. Attendees will stay at the Churchill Hotel. The meeting is scheduled to begin on Wednesday, October 13, at 8:45 a.m. and end on Friday, October 15, at 12:30 p.m.