The events listed below are maintained in a Google Calendar. These events are expected to have participation by Census Bureau staff.
If you have a Census SDC sponsored event or a 2020 Census partnership event to add, contact our webteam, and ask for access to the google calendar.
|Chicago IL||November 20, 2018 at 10:00 am – 12:00 pm||Census Data workshop for Patrons for Lincoln Belmont Library||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
|Knoxville TN||November 27, 2018 at 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm||TN State Data Center for Tennessee State Data Center||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
|Wichita KS||November 28, 2018 at 1:00 am – 3:00 am||Using Census for research for Wichita State University||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
|East Syracuse NY||November 28, 2018 at 8:00 am – 10:00 am||We've Got The Numbers! Tables for CENTRAL NEW YORK LIBRARY RESOURCES COUNCIL||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
|Wichita KS||November 28, 2018 at 9:00 am – 11:00 am||Wichita City and Data mean growth for City of Wichita||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
|Potsdam NY||November 29, 2018 at 8:00 am – 10:00 am||We've Got the Numbers: AFF & ACS. for Northern New York Library Network||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
|Potsdam NY||November 29, 2018 at 9:30 am – 11:30 am||We've Got The Numbers! Mapping. for Northern New York Library Network||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
|Wichita KS||November 29, 2018 at 10:00 am – 12:00 pm||Business and Data for Wichita Small Business Administration District Office||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
|Egg Harbor Township NJ||November 29, 2018 at 10:00 am – 12:00 pm||Presentation - AP Poli Sci Class for Egg Harbor Township High School||Census staff provide Presentation|
|Albany NY||November 30, 2018 at 8:30 am – 10:30 am||We've Got The Numbers: Tables. for CAPITAL DISTRICT LIBRARY COUNCIL||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
|Albany NY||November 30, 2018 at 10:00 am – 12:00 pm||We've Got The Numbers: Mapping for CAPITAL DISTRICT LIBRARY COUNCIL||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
|Wichita KS||November 30, 2018 at 11:00 am – 1:00 pm||Census and the Community for Wichita Pachyderm Club||Census staff provide Training/Workshop|
|Snow Hill MD||December 1, 2018 at 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm||Executive Meeting for Maryland State Firemen's Association||Census staff provide Meeting|
|Martins Ferry OH||December 4, 2018 at 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm||Presentation - How Your Community Has Changed for Belmont County District Library||Census staff provide Presentation|
|Jersey City NY||December 5, 2018 at 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm||COMMUNITY MEETING - Present ROAM to community for CITY OF JERSEY CITY - OFFICE OF THE MAYOR||Census staff provide Meeting|
2018 State Data Center Annual Conference
April 9-11, 2018
AGENDA MONDAY, APRIL 9, 2018
Note: The 15 presentations linked below will download as PowerPoint files.
8:30 AM – 9:00 AM Conference Registration
9:00 AM – 9:30 AM Welcome and Introductions
• Lakiva Pullins, Branch Chief, Data Users Branch
• Todd Graham, SDC Chairperson
• Introduction of New Committee Member(s) and Officers
• Misty Reed, Acting Division Chief, Customer Liaison and Marketing Services Office
• Stephen Buckner, Assistant Director for Communications Division
9:30 AM – 10:00 AM 2020 Census Integrated Communications Plan
• Kaile Bower, Chief, Integrated Partnership & Communication Branch
10:00 AM – 10:15 AM BREAK
10:15 AM – 10:45 AM Findings from 2016-2017 Census Tests
• Jennifer W. Reichert, Assistant Division Chief, Nonresponse, Evaluations, and Experiments, Decennial Census Management
10:45 AM – 11:15 AM 2020 LUCA Updates, Group Quarters Inventory, and PSAP
• Jennifer Holland, Chief, Partnership Communications and Outreach Branch, Geography Division
11:15 AM – 11:45 PM 2020 Residence Criteria
• Jason Devine, Assistant Division Chief, Census Programs Area, Population Division
• Steven Wilson, Chief, Population and Housing Program Branch, Population Division
11:45 AM – 1:00 PM LUNCH
1:00 PM – 3:00 PM Census Solutions Workshop Toolkit
• Lorena Molina-Irizarry, Deputy Branch Chief, Enterprise Partnership
3:00 PM – 3:15 PM BREAK
3:15 PM – 4:30 PM 2020 Discussion – What are the SDCs doing?
• Dan Veroff, WI, SDC Steering Committee
• Jennifer Shultz, PA, SDC Steering Committee
• SDC Leads Panel – Walter Schwarm (CA), Jan Vink (NY), Suzan Reagan (NM), Bob Coats (NC)
4:30 PM Meeting Adjourn
AGENDA TUESDAY, APRIL 10, 2018
8:15 AM – 8:45 AM Census Information Centers Overview
• Melanie Poulter, CIC Steering Committee Chairperson
8:45 AM – 9:45 AM 2017 Economic Census Update
• Kim Moore, Chief, Economy Wide Statistics Division
• Charles Brady, Branch Chief, Respondent Management and Promotion Branch, Economic Management Division
9:45 AM – 10:00 AM BREAK
10:00 AM – 11:15 AM Field Partnership and 2020 Complete Count Committees
• Sydnee Chattin, Assistant Division Chief, Decennial Support Programs, Field Division
• SDC Leads Panel – Liz Brooks (AK), Mallory Bateman (UT), Erica Gardner (WA)
11:15 AM – 12:00 AM 2020 Census Redistricting Program
• James Whitehorne, Branch Chief, Redistricting Office and Voting Rights Office
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM LUNCH
1:00 PM – 2:45 PM Center for New Media & Promotion (CNMP) and Center for Enterprise Dissemination and Services and Consumer Innovation (CEDSCI)
• Alexandra Figueroa, Chief, Web and New Media Branch, Center for New Media & Promotion
• KaNin Reese, Branch Chief, CEDSCI, Dissemination Outreach Branch
2:45 PM – 3:00 PM BREAK
3:00 PM – 3:45 PM Update and Overview of Administrative Records for ACS and Administrative Records for 2020 Census
• Thomas Mule, Special Assistant to the Chief, Decennial Statistical Studies Division
• Victoria Velkoff, Division Chief, American Community Survey Office
3:45 PM – 5:00 PM SDC Business Meeting
5:00 PM Meeting Adjourn
AGENDA WEDNESDAY, APRIL 11, 2018
8:00 AM – 9:30 AM Breakout by Region
Questions for SDC/DDB roundtable discussion
- What is the DDS staff approach in regard to disseminating Census Bureau data and program information to his/her assigned area?
- Name one or two specific areas or tasks where we can collaborate.
- What are you planning to do to support the 2020 data collection operation?
- In terms of the relationship between the SDCs and DDS/DDB, what is working well? What needs to be changed?
- We would like to ‘crowdsource’ suggestions for strategic national partnerships. Who should we prioritize from your perspective and what would be the ‘top three’ partners you would suggest working with and why?
9:30 AM – 11:30 AM SDC 40th Anniversary
• Topics for Next Annual Meeting
• Brief History of SDC Program
• Presentation of Awards – Todd Graham
11:30 AM Meeting Adjourn
Dear SDC Network Member:
You are invited to attend the State Data Center (SDC) Annual Conference. The conference will be held April 9-11, 2018, at the Hilton Providence, 21 Atwells Avenue, Providence, Rhode Island. The meeting is scheduled to begin on Monday, April 9, at 8:00 a.m. and end on Tuesday, April 11, at 12:00 p.m.
Details can be found here:
While in Providence…
The Hilton Providence is a short walk from restaurants and gathering spots, both downtown and Federal Hill.
- Vin Flood (Rhode Island SDC) recommends the restaurant guide found at GoProvidence.com
- Also, here are Yelp’s picks.
See you in Providence!
Here is the group photo that was taken at the 2011 Annual Training Conference at the Census Bureau.
Here is the group photo that was taken at the 2010 Annual Training Conference at the Census Bureau.
The Annual National State Data Center/Business and Industry Data Center Conference will be held at the U.S. Census Bureau Auditorium and Conference Center. Attendees will stay at the Churchill Hotel. The meeting is scheduled to begin on Wednesday, October 13, at 8:45 a.m. and end on Friday, October 15, at 12:30 p.m.
Due to the extremely low number of states expected to attend the SDC Mid-Year Meeting in Detroit, April 27 – 29, 2009, CLMSO is CANCELLING the meeting. CLMSO made this decision after the SDC Steering Committee members queried their respective tree states on their attendance plans.
In lieu of this meeting, CLMSO is working with your Steering Committee in developing potential topics of interest where we can conduct a webinar(s) to provide updates.