The Census State Data Centers steering committee is organizing a webinar for Dec. 4, titled: 2020 Census demonstration data: Privacy and accuracy issues.
When: Wed., December 4, 2:00 Eastern (11:00 Pacific). The webinar will be 90 minutes.
Presentation slidedecks are now available:
- Census implementing new disclosure avoidance methods with 2020 Census public data products (Beth Jarosz)
- Overview of Differential Privacy, effects on data accuracy, examples based on Census’s decennial demonstration data tables (David Van Riper)
- Proposed data products, what tables will be available (Jan Vink)
- How you can review the demonstration data tables now online (Beth and Jan)
- Suggested next steps, and opportunities for feedback (Todd Graham)
Presenters for this webinar are:
- Jan Vink, research specialist at Cornell Program on Applied Demographics
- Dave Van Riper, spatial analysis director at Univ of Minnesota Population Center
- Beth Jarsoz, demographer at Population Reference Bureau
- Todd Graham, principal demographer at Metropolitan Council of the Twin Cities.
Thanks to Jenn Shultz, Pennsylvania State Data Center for hosting this webinar meeting.